Frequently questions about Balikbayan Box UK Ltd. service.
WHO ARE BALIKBAYAN BOX UK LTD?
Balikbayan Box UK Ltd is a registered Private Limited Company based in the United Kingdom operating a business as a Consolidator of Door to door shipment service of Balikbayan Boxes to the Philippines.
Balikbayan Box UK Ltd is in partnership with 12:24 Cargo Express as our deconsolidator of Balikbayan Box in the Philippines. It acts as our broker and delivery agent.
WHY USE BALIKABYAN BOX UK LTD SERVICE?
Balikbayan Box UK Ltd. offers the safest, most convenient handling of freight shipping, logistic and consolidation of cargo boxes of goods delivery to the Philippines including door to door service anywhere to the islands of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. We send your Balikabayn Boxes with care. Promise.
WHAT ARE “BALIKBAYAN BOXES”?
Balikbayan Boxes are packages of personal effects and/or “pasalubongs” sent by Filipinos residing or working abroad to their families or relatives in the Philippines to enhance Philippine tradition and culture for the promotion and preservation of strong family ties through love and caring expressed in gift-giving.
WHAT ARE ALLOWED IN “BALIKBAYAN BOXES”?
Non-commercial goods or goods not in commercial quantity strictly for personal use only, such as: wearing apparel, clothing, foodstuffs/grocery items/canned goods; the value of which must not exceed £400.00.
WHAT ARE THE SIZES OF BALIKBYAN BOX UK?
We have five Boxes sizes to offer from Standard Size to Super Jumbo size
Standard Box Size: 24x20x16
Family Box Size: 30x22x20
Large Size: 24x24x24
JUmbo Size: 29x26x23
Super Jumbo Size: 34x26x22
Please contact us if plan sending odd sizes.
HOW OFTEN DOES BALIKBAYAN BOX UK SHIP TO THE PHILIPPPINES Philippines?
We ship 40 feet container by sea cargo vessel at least every 2 weeks.
WHAT IS THE WEIGHT LIMIT WHEN SENDING BALIKBAYAN BOX?
We do not have a weight limit, but we do suggest to keep to a maximum 80 kg to Jumbo Max Box to avoid damages to your box, since a box is made of carton, it has it’s limitations.
WHAT CAUSES THE DELAY/NON-DELIVERY OF THE BOXES TO THEIR ULTIMATE CONSIGNEES?
As much as Balikbayan Box UK as concered we would like to deliver your balikbayan boxes to the Philippines in time, there are some situations beyond our control that may cause the delay in delivery to the ultimate consignees.
Below are some of the factors that can cause delays or non-delivery of the balikbayan boxes to the consignees in the Philippines:
- Unforeseen circumstances or/and natural calamity such as earthquake or typhoon that sets back the arrival of the cargo carrying vessels, or Road Delivery.
- The consolidated shipment is tainted by:
- Mis-declared or undeclared goods/items;
- Regulated or banned cargoes such as prohibited drugs, ammunitions and firearms, gambling materials or apparatus, pornographic materials and pirated products.
- Products that are in commercial quantity. (more than 12 items of the same kind is considered a commercial item)
- Consolidated shipments that are abandoned by the Philippine representative, agent or broker for reasons of non-remittance of funds by the foreign freight forwarding entity / consolidator.
- Wrong address and contact details of the consignee / recipient in the Philippines
- Hard to find consignee / recipient address
- The recipient / consignee lives in very remote area or a place where our team needs to cross a river.
- The recipient lives in war-torn or potentially dangerous or critical areas such as Basilan and Maranaw City.
ARE COMPLETELY-KNOCKED DOWN (CKD) MOTORCYCLES OR PART OF MOTOR VEHICLES (ALSO KNOWN AS CHOP-CHOP MOTORCYCLES OR VEHICLES) THAT ARE FOR PERSONAL USE, ALLOWED IN BALIKBAYAN BOXES?
No, these are not allowed in “Balikbayan” Boxes. These are not considered personal effects or household good and are thus treated differently; other documentary requirements are needed for these to be brought into the Philippines without which these vehicles cannot be registered with the land Transportation Office (LTO).
WHAT IS YOUR TIME FRAME OF BALIKBAYAN SHIPMENT FROM THE UK TO THE PHILIPPINES RECIPIENT DOORSTEP?
- Transit time from the port of London Thamesport to the Port of Manila takes about 8 to 10 weeks. (via Singapore)
- BoC Release takes about 3 to 7 days
- Metro Manila takes about 5 to 7 days after the container has been released from the BoC
- North & Central Luzon about 7 to 12 days after the container has been released from the BoC
- Southern Tagalog and Bicol region about 10-14 days after the container has been released from BoC.
- Visayas & Mindanao including Palawan 15 to 21 days (after the container has been released from the BoC).
HOW I CAN CONTACT YOU IF HAVE A FURTHER QUESTIONS?
For more information please contact us using the following options:
Mobile: 07808792214 and speak with Alvin or 07828390650 and speak with Rhod.
Contact Form: https://balikbayanboxuk.co.uk/contact/
Frquently ask questions about BoC Informations Sheet
DO I NEED TO PROVIDE THE BoC INFORMATION SHEET?
Yes, it is required by law. You need to attached the Packing List copy, please downlaod here
HOW MANY COPIES OF THE INFORMATION SHEET DO I NEED PER BOX?
You need 3 copies of the information Sheet per box. The 1st copy is attached to the box; the 2nd copy is given to Balikbayan Box UK who acting as Consolidator service provider; and the 3rd copy is your copy as the Sender.
WHO ARE QUALIFIED FILIPINO CITIZENS WHILE ABROAD?
They are Resident Filipino, Non-Resident Filipinos and Overseas Filipino Workers.
WHAT IS THE SECTION 800(G) PRIVILEGE UNDER THE CMTA OR THE BALIKBAYAN BOX PRIVELEGE?
This is the privilege given to a Qualified Filipino Citizen While Abroad to send Balikbayan Boxes to a Family Member or Relative, tax and duty free.
HOW MANY TIMES CAN I SEND BALIKBAYAN BOXES?
There is no limit unless you will avail of the Balikbayan Box Privilege.
HOW MANY TIMES CAN I AVAIL THE BALIKBAYAN BOX PRIVILEGE?
Qualified Filipino While Abroad can avail of the balikbayan box privilege up to 3 times or up to 3 shipments in a calendar year. The total amount of all the shipments should not be more than Php 150,000.00 in a calendar year.
HOW MANY BALIKBAYAN BOXES CAN I SEND IN 1 SHIPMENT IF I WILL AVAIL OF THE BALIKBAYAN BOX PRIVILEGE?
There is no limit to the number of Balikbayan Boxes that you can send per shipment but the size of the boxes must be no bigger than .20cbm (about the size of an XL box) and the total value should not be more than Php 150,000.00 in a calendar year.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DECLARE THAT I WANT TO AVAIL OF THE BALIKBAYAN BOX EXCEED THE ALLOWED QUANTITIES OR VALUES?
Anything in excess of the allowable quantity, amount or frequency shall be subject to duties and taxes, and civil and criminal liabilities, if any.
WHAT IF THE VALUE OF SHIPMENT IS LESS THAN PHP10,000.00?
You can avail of the De Minimis privilege and you don’t need to be a Qualified Filipino While Abroad but you must have only 1 shipper/sender. An invoice or equivalent document is required for immediate release of shipments sent by or to be received by a Corporation, Partnership or Sole Proprietorship. Even if you are a Qualified Filipino While Abroad a De Minimis Value shipment shall not be counted as an availment under the Balikbayan Box privilege.